GOOD NEWS! Your qualified retirement plan is a tax-smart way to support the transformational work of Cherokee Home for Children.
You can exclude from income up to $100,000 per year from your IRA distributions which are given to qualified charities, like Cherokee Home. This is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), or IRA Charitable Rollover.
AS LONG AS...
1. You are 70 and 1/2, or older, on the day of the gift.
2. You do not receive any goods or services in return for the gift.
3. Your gift does not pass through you to the charity (it must go directly from the IRA administrator to your qualified charity).
DISCLAIMER: Other tax advantages may be possible depending on your personal circumstances. The information on this page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute tax advice. Please consult your legal tax advisor or financial planner before making any decisions.
WHY CONSIDER THIS GIFT?
1. Your gift will be put to use right away, allowing you to see the difference the donation is making.
2. Since the gift does not count as income, you pay no taxes on the gift.
3. Beginning in the year you turn age 73 you can use your gift to satisfy all, or part, of your required minimum distribution (RMD). This can reduce your overall taxable income.
HOW IT WORKS
1) Contact your plan administrator to request to make a charitable gift from your IRA.
2) The funds will be directly transferred from your IRA to Cherokee Home for Children.
3) Contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Remember - Charitable rollover gifts to do not qualify as charitable deductions.